Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Is it True?

I found you! I finally found you! 

I've been searching for you and waiting for you, but I have grown tired of waiting and wishing and hoping you'd show up again. I'm sorry they said what they said. If you saw my reaction you should know how I feel. I was mortified because I care so much and I have always been hurt by others putting things out there when they have no business doing so. I don't want to hurt you or be hurt by you. So I've kept my distance. But I long to talk to you, to sit with you, to share things with you. I want to be part of your life and for you to be part of mine. I smile when I see you or think of you, usually. Lately, my thoughts have been filled with regret and tears. I'm afraid things have been ruined and any chance is gone because of what they did. I really hope you've just been too busy to come back. I know your mind isn't like mine. I know you probably aren't dwelling over every little detail like I have, to the point of making myself sick and spiraling into a self-destructive depression. I just want to be with you. To be happy WITH you. For you to be happy WITH me. To want to make each other happy. I want so much to be... LOVED, In every sense of the word. To be held like I'm a delicate flower that needs to be nurtured and taken care of so that it doesn't break, or lose its petals or leaves and wither away. To be kissed, like kissing me were necessary to live and you couldn't stand the thought of not doing so. To be comforted and loved and showered with every bit of affection you can give. I want more than I have ever been given before as love. Why? You think I'm selfish? The love I have for you already far encompasses everything I could only wish for from you. My love will eclipse all else. I want to love you with all my heart, all my being. Every breath I take is so that I can love you more, care for you more, be more. Every heartbeat jumps out of my chest with the thought of being able to love you, and receiving your love back. I don't know if I can turn back now. I've already fallen so hard and all I had was thoughts. Please don't leave me with just my thoughts. I'm not sure I can handle being broken and rejected yet again. Not after everything I have gone through with him. If I can't have you, then I don't want anyone else. I'd rather be alone with my thoughts and memories of you and what could have possibly been ... if they hadn't ruined everything by saying what they did. 

I wasn't embarrassed because I don't like you. I was embarrassed because I do like you. I really like you. I feel like I am having that first crush all over again. I don't know how else to explain it. But I think back on everything that has happened since I made him leave. My half-hug was because I was afraid that I smelled because I was sweating for running around. I feel dumb around you, which is saying a lot because I usually hold my intelligence at the top of my list of things that make me better. I shouldn't feel stupid but I feel like that silly girl in the schoolyard who is afraid to tell the boy that she likes him because it's her first crush and it's embarrassing and cute and sweet and scary all at the same time. 

They told me you turned as red as I was. But I was too afraid to look up to see your reaction. I think you saw mine but I honestly don't know. What I do know .... you didn't deny what they said. You didn't deny that you were there to see me. You didn't deny that you stop by mostly to see me and talk to me. You didn't deny that you come right to me when you come in the store. You didn't deny that you might just like me. This is what I understood from the one simple statement they made. All I need to know... Is it true?

No comments:

Post a Comment